Recycling Near You
Even though not all councils are able to provide curbside recycling, there are still plenty of recycling opportunities available to you in your town. Visit the RecyclingNearYou.com.au website to find out what and where you can recycle.
- Don’t bag it – recycling in a plastic bag poses a risk to employees sorting rubbish (they don’t know what is in there) and your plastic won’t get recycled
- Empty and clean containers – to reduce contamination
- Remove any lids – this allows the plastic bottles to be squashed for transport to the recycling facility
- Check the recycling number – to make sure that it can be recycled
Recycling Spotlight – Geraldton
Plastic recycling now available at:
- Beachlands Primary School – Corner of Whitfield St and Bradley St
- Bluff Point Primary School – 18 Mitchell St
- Caltex Sunset Beach – 620 Chapman Rd
- City Hive/Pollinators – 184 Marine Terrace (at the back)
- Geraldton Civic Centre – 63 Cathedral Avenue (at the back)
- Geraldton Library – 37 Marine Terrace (at the back)
- Geraldton Primary School – Augustus St
- Geraldton Recycling Centre (Tip Shop) – 61 Landfill Lane Narngulu
- Geraldton Surf Life Saving Club – 260 Willcock Drive
- John Batten Community Hall – Drummond Cove
- Leaning Tree Community School – 15 Bayly St, Geraldton
- Mt Tarcoola Primary School – Acacia St
- Paringa Park – Paringa St, Mount Tarcoola
- PCYC – 105 Pass St, Wonthella
- Rigters IGA – Durlacher St
- Strathalbyn Christian College – 15 Cedar Cres
- Waggrakine Primary School – Hall Rd
- Wandina Primary School – 29 Ajax Dr
If you notice one of the plastic recycling bins is full, please contact the Geraldton Tip Shop on 9923 3201 and let them know.
Find out all about recycling in Geraldton with this great video from the ABC.
Want to help spread the Geraldton Recycling message? Visit the NACC office and grab some of our Recycle Gero stickers, print our new Recycle in Gero poster or colour in your own!
Plastic and Aluminium Can Recycling Map
Share this Post