Recycling Near You
Even though not all councils are able to provide curbside recycling, there are still plenty of recycling opportunities available to you in your town. Visit the RecyclingNearYou.com.au website to find out what and where you can recycle.
- Don’t bag it – recycling in a plastic bag poses a risk to employees sorting rubbish (they don’t know what is in there) and your plastic won’t get recycled
- Empty and clean containers – to reduce contamination
- Remove any lids – this allows the plastic bottles to be squashed for transport to the recycling facility
- Check the recycling number – to make sure that it can be recycled
Recycling Spotlight – Geraldton
Plastic recycling now available at:
- NEW Geraldton Civic Centre – 63 Cathedral Avenue (at the back)
- NEW Geraldton Recycling Centre (Tip Shop) – 61 Landfill Lane Narngulu
- NEW Geraldton Library – 37 Marine Terrace (at the back)
- Pollinators / City Hive – 184 Marine Terrace (at the back)
- PCYC – 105 Pass St, Wonthella
- Rigters IGA – Durlacher St
- Geraldton Surf Life Saving Club – 260 Willcock Drive
- Caltex Sunset Beach – 620 Chapman Rd
- John Batten Community Hall – Drummond Cove
Find out all about recycling in Geraldton with this great new video from the ABC.
Want to help spread the Geraldton Recycling message? Visit the NACC office and grab some of our Recycle Gero stickers, print our new Recycle in Gero poster or colour in your own!
Plastic and Aluminium Can Recycling Map
Share this Post