- This event has passed.
NACC Habitat Fencing Incentive
23 October, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 30 June, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Help Protect Threatened Species and Ecological Communities in the Northern Agricultural Region.
This project provides funding to land managers to protect the habitat of threatened flora and fauna and areas of priority remnant native vegetation in the Northern Agricultural Region (NAR). This will contribute to improving the extent, connectivity and condition of habitat that supports threatened species and ecological communities.
For the 2017-18 financial year, up to $3,500 per km of fencing is available for the purpose of enclosing areas of remnant vegetation that meet the following site criteria:
- Located within the Northern Agricultural Region; and
- Of at least 10 hectares in size; and
- Comprising good quality vegetation*; and
- Containing or providing habitat for
- Threatened species or ecological communities listed under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation 1999 Act; or
- Threatened species or ecological communities listed under the Wildlife Conservation Act 1950; or
- Native vegetation remnants considered to be Regional and Local Assets* (i.e., includes cultural and heritage assets and good quality remnant vegetation that do not contain threatened species).
If you have any queries or would like to register an expression of interest please contact your local Biodiversity Field Officer.
This project is supported by the Northern Agricultural Catchments Council through funding from the Australian Government National Landcare Programme.
*Assessment will be made on a case by case basis by Northern Agricultural Catchments Council staff and are not means tested.